QuickBooks payroll update error 15215 displays an error on the message on the screen that states, “The payroll update did not complete successfully”. Error 15215 is a payroll error that takes place when you try to update payroll. This error message can wreak havoc and won’t allow you to update or run payroll. In short, you should try and fix this error as quickly as possible. This blog will cover the causes and solutions associated with error 15215 in QuickBooks.
You can call the team of QuickBooks Professionals at 1.800.579.0391 if you require professional guidance or support.
Causes Of Error Message 15215
Error 15215 in QuickBooks has a few causes that you must know off. Understanding them in depth can help you fix this error quickly. Now, go through the points given below:
- Failure of an essential service can trigger error 15215.
- FCS or File Copy Service is a service that’s required to install and execute payroll. If for any reason, this service gets disrupted, you can face error 15215 in QuickBooks.
- Some minor changes in the settings of QuickBooks can trigger this error as well. Not having regular updates or using the newest version of the application can also bring about this error.
Solutions That Can Fix Error 15215 In QuickBooks
Solutions aim to fix the causes discussed above. It’s better to try all the solutions or take the exact steps if you are confident of the problem. Either way, make sure to implement the measures correctly and restart the FCS or File Copy Service before you do any of the steps given below. Go through the steps discussed:
Solution 1: Refresh The Payroll Connection
You can refresh the payroll connection by re-validating the payroll service key. Take these steps to actively fix this error:
- Open QuickBooks. Now, click on the Employees tab.
- Now, click on My Payroll Service Key. Choose Active Service Key.
- This should bring the Service Keys window on your screen.
- Choose the payroll that you are currently operating. Now, click on Edit.
- Keep on clicking on the Next button until you reach the Finish option.
- Once the payroll service key gets re-validated, you can use the payroll again and check if the error is finally resolved.
You can move to the next set of steps if these measures haven’t fixed your error.
Also Read - QuickBooks Won't Open
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Reboot.bat File
You can run the QuickBooks reboot.bat file to re-register QuickBooks installation files on Windows. This should help you resolve your error. Now, implement the measures given below:
- Close all QuickBooks windows. Now, right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Choose Properties and click on the Open File Location option.
- Now, find and double-click on the Reboot.bat file.
- This action should run the Rebbot.bat command. This will also re-register all the QuickBooks related files on Windows.
- Once the DOS gets shut automatically, you can restart your system and update QuickBooks one more time.
QuickBooks payroll update error 15215 can get resolved with the measures that are explained in this blog. You just have to make sure to implement them correctly. If performed well, your error should get fixed in no time.
You can contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you require professional help or support in resolving any of QuickBooks errors or issues.