You are on the correct webpage if you are looking for the latest edition of the CA Foundation Syllabus. After updation of the syllabus many times, it’s time to know the correct version of the CA Foundation. In this article, you can check all the details or information regarding CA Foundation that include subjects, markings, courses, chapters, etc. Also, download the CA Foundation Syllabus 2020 in PDF format from the link.
The purpose of this article is to tell the correct syllabus so that students can score good marks in the examination. Below is the full information of the CA Foundation syllabus that should know every student pursuing the course.
CA Foundation Syllabus Course
Here are subjects or courses of the CA Foundation Examination. While filling the application form, students have to keep this thing in their mind.
CA Foundation Subjects
Principles and Practices of Accounting
Business Laws and Business Correspondence and reporting
1. Business Laws
2. Business Correspondence and Reporting
Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning and Statistics.
1. Business Mathematics
2. Logical Reasoning
Business Economics and Business and Commercial Knowledge
Section A: Business Economics
Section B: Business and Commercial Knowledge
CA Foundation Marking Scheme and Paper Pattern
- As we all know that the exams are conducted twice in a year. In May and November.
- In CA Foundation, there are four subjects, and each of them consists of weightage 100 marks.
- Be careful of negative marking as for every wrong answer of an objective question; you will lose 0.25 marks.
- Two subjects are in the Subjective pattern, and two are in the objective in CA Foundation.
- If we divide all four papers, then 1st or 2nd is of subjective and 3rd or 4th are of an objective.
- Students choose to give the paper in two languages, whether they want to give in English or whether they want to give in Hindi.
- For passing the examination, students have to attain a minimum of 40% marks in each subject and the overall result they have to achieve 50% marks in all subjects.
CA Foundation Syllabus according to the Chapters
As discussed above, the CA Foundation course has four papers, and each paper consists of different chapters accordingly. I mentioned each chapter according to the examination that will help students gain complete information regarding the exam papers.
PAPER 1 - Principles and Practice of Accounting
The first paper of the CA Foundation consists of the basic concept of accounting question that students had already studied in class 11th and 112th.
Bank Reconciliation Statement
Concept and Accounting of Depreciation
Accounting for Special Transactions
Final Accounts of Sole Proprietors
Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organizations
Introduction to Company Accounts
PAPER 2 - Business Laws and Business Correspondence Reporting
This is the second paper of the CA Foundation that is divided into two sections.
Section A is a Business Law that consists of 60 marks.
Section B is Business Correspondence and Reporting Syllabus that consists of 40 marks.
The Indian Contract Act, 1872
The Sale of Goods Act, 1930
The Indian Partnership Act, 1932
The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
The Companies Act, 2013
Part – I: Communication
Part – II: Sentence Types and Word Power
2. Sentence Types (Direct-Indirect, Active -Passive Speech)
3. Vocabulary Root Words, Synonyms, Antonyms, Prefixes, Suffixes), Phrasal verbs,
Collocations and Idioms.
Part – III: Comprehension Passages and Note Making
4. Comprehension Passages
5. Note Making
Part – IV: Developing Writing Skills
6. Introduction to Basic Writing
7. Precis Writing
8. Article Writing
9. Report Writing
10. Writing Formal Letters
11. Writing Formal Mails
12. Resume Writing
PAPER 3 - Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, and Statistics
This is the third paper of the CA Foundation that helps students sharpen their minds by solving reasoning and logical questions, including mathematics. It helps in developing a keen mindset of students so that they quickly answer these questions.
It consists of three sections that are:
Section A is a Business Mathematics that consists of 40 marks.
Section B is a Logical Reasoning that consists of 20 marks.
Section C is Statistics that consists of 20 marks.
Ratio and Proportion, Indices and Logarithms
Equations and Matrices
Linear Inequalities with Objective Functions and Optimization w.r.t. Objective function.
Time value of Money
Permutations and Combinations
Sequence and Series
Sets, Relations, and Functions
Basic applications of Differential and Integral calculus (Excluding the trigonometric
applications), Applications of Marginal Cost and Marginal Revenue, etc.
Number Series, Coding and Decoding and the odd man out
The statistical description of Data
Measures of Central tendency and Dispersion
Correlation and Regression
Index Numbers and Time Series
PAPER 4 - Business Economics and Business Commercial knowledge
This is the last and the fourth subject of the CA Foundation that include business economics and its commercial knowledge.
It consists of two sections that are:
Section A is a Business Economics that consists of 60 marks.
Section B is a Business and Commercial Knowledge that consists of 40 marks.
Introduction to Business Economics
Theory of Demand and Supply
Theory of Production and Cost
Price Determination in Different Markets
Business and Commercial Knowledge – An Introduction
Government Policies for Business Growth
Organizations Facilitating Business
Common Business Terminologies
Tips and Tricks for CA Foundation Exam
- Make a proper time table or study plan before starting your exam preparation. This is very necessary for students to follow the timetable wisely as we all know that the CA examination is strict compared to other exams.
- Students are advised to make the proper notes while studying to save their time and go through all the main points at the time of examination.
- While preparing the timetable, keep in mind giving an equal distribution of both subjective and objective question papers.
- Solve previous year question papers to get an idea of different questions regularly so that you know the types of problems.
- Consistency is essential to maintain while studying daily. If you are committed to your daily routine, no one else can stop you.
I hope this article will help you and able to explain the CA Foundation Syllabus - Latest Edition. Some key points to remember are that there are four papers, subjective and objective, negative marking will be there in on objective questions, proper note, study dedicatedly with consistency, etc.
Read carefully and follow all the guidelines that I have mentioned that will help you to boost your marks exceptionally well.